The Internship is open to applications from Canadian students in any recognized undergraduate or graduate degree university program (which can include universities outside the country).
To apply, please submit the following on our Apply Now page:
- A brief resume outlining education, employment and pertinent life experience
- A letter of 500-1000 words describing why you would like this opportunity
- Three letters of recommendation from people who support your application
Applications are due by January 31st each year. Selections will be made by the end of February. Interviews will be conducted with short-listed applicants and as needed with their referees.
- Applicants do not have to be bilingual, but it is considered an asset.
- Internships are open to applicants who are Canadian citizens and/or have landed immigrant status here.
- Internships are open to students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate level programs at an accredited university, and to recent graduates of same.
- Internships are four months in duration and generally run from May 1st - August 31st each summer. Successful applicants will need to finalize specific start and finish dates with the Members of Parliament to whom they are assigned.
- Since reference letters are to be uploaded with your application, no mailing address is required in these letters. Letters are to be addressed: "Dear Jaimie Anderson Internship".